Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Soli Deo Gloria

I hate sin. More than that I hate sinning. Daily I find myself right back in the same sinking boat. Sins that I have struggles with for years continue to raise their ugly heads and at one little temptation there I go falling into it again. Like Paul says in Romans 7:15 “I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” Oh how dreadful our nature. Even though we are new creations that old flesh continues to rise up. We know how awful this sin is and yet we continue to do it. We exchange the very glory of God for the guilt of sin. Oh how merciful our God is not to destroy us. Why He would suffer the pain of the cross I cannot fathom.

God let us be set free as you promise and command us to be. Let us live and be satisfied in your glory alone. We thank you for this in the name of Christ, Amen.

In God we Trust,
Jason Vaughn

No comments: