Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Child in the faith

So I started studying 1 Timothy and I made it 2 verses in before the Lord once again showed me His grace and glory.

1Ti 1:1-2 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope, (2) To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

What struck me specifically was Paul's phrase "my true child in the faith."

Can you imagine having a "father in the the faith" like Paul? Do you have someone like that?

Do you have someone that exhorts and rebukes you?

Do you have someone that greets you with blessings of "grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord?"

If not that is something you should be seeking out. Find someone in the church of Christ to lead and guide you. Someone to love you enough to advise and rebuke you.

For you mature men in Christ are you acting as a "father in the faith" to someone?

Consider these things and I leave you with this final call: Be someone worth imitating, worth following, worth calling a father in the faith.

1Co 4:15-16 For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. (16) I urge you, then, be imitators of me.

Grace, mercy and peace from Gof the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord,

Jason Vaughn

No comments: