Monday, August 11, 2008

Praying for the kings

1Ti 2:1-2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, (2) for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

I have been highly involved in politics since I was 16. Every two years I have gotten involved in a campaign. While I have primarily worked on republican candidates I have worked for a couple conservative democrats as well.

I have realized something that I should have many years ago. I complain a lot.

I complain and gripe about their policies, their speeches, and even their wives. This year I'm an equal opportunity complainer though because I cannot bring myself to support either candidate of the two major parties.

In all this complaining though do I ever stop to pray for these two candidates? No.

I have no challenge complaining even though it does no good, but I never take time to ask God to change the hearts of the candidates or politicians.

I'm asking God to change my heart in this matter and I'm asking you to join me.

Please begin praying that each candidate will come to see God's Word as the ultimate authority and base their positions on that.

More importantly, pray that God would bring each of these candidates to salvation. Their is no fruit of Christ that can be seen in either of their public lives and so before anything else pray they come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and savior. That God opens their eyes that they may know Him.

1 comment:

Terry Delaney said...

In a couple days, check back at Said and see how I used this same verse for our professors on campus.